We care about you, trust us. You are the centre of the universe.
Facebook was not originally created to be a company. It was built to accomplish a social mission — to make the world more open and connected. We think it’s important that everyone who invests in Facebook understands what this mission means to us, how we make decisions and why we do the things we do. At Facebook, we’re inspired by technologies that have revolutionized how people spread and consume information. We often talk about inventions like the printing press and the television — by simply making communication more efficient, they led to a complete transformation of many important parts of society. This is part of the letter that Mark Zuckerberg wrote to the investors when Facebook’s went public. It outlined the company’s ‘social mission’ and its goals for the future. Below are the main ideas that Zuckerberg detailed in his letter about the overall scope of Facebook.
- Facebook was not originally created to be a company. It was built to accomplish a social mission – to make the world more open and connected.”
- At Facebook, we’re inspired by technologies that have revolutionized how people spread and consume information.
- Facebook is about the relationship between two people. Relationships are how we discover new ideas, understand our world and ultimately derive long-term happiness.”
- The world’s economy is screwed because the banks have been playing with real cash like it was a game of Monopoly. But don’t worry as Facebook is here to save the day. “We hope to improve how people connect to businesses and the economy. As people share more, they have access to more opinions from the people they trust about the products and services they use. This makes it easier to discover the best products and improve the quality and efficiency of their lives.
- Simply put: we don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services,” wrote Zuckerberg. And we think this is a good way to build something. These days I think more people want to use services from companies that believe in something beyond simply maximizing profits.
- We’re going public for our employees and our investors. We made a commitment to them when we gave them equity that we’d work hard to make it worth a lot and make it liquid. This IPO is fulfilling our commitment.
- Stop tweaking your privacy settings people – let the world see what you are up to. Come on, this is the reason you tell all about your meaningless life on Facebook, isn’t it? Well, even if you are not going to open, Zuckerberg wants Facebook to be as open as possible.
Facebook was not originally created to be a company. It was not built to accomplish a social mission using technology, it was set up to manipulate the masses ‘psychology. The social comparison has negatively affected people’s behavior when comparing their lives to other people. Who travel more, who get the expensive car, who have the happy relationships. Face-to-face communication has become rare. “The unsocial media” like Facebook and its sisters have dehumanized the social aspect of people’s lives. They are far away from being social. Facebook is the main driver for the feelings of depression, frustration, loneliness, jealousy, and envy.
In the age of facebookism, instagramism and twitterism, people have been manipulated for so long to behave foolishly. People have become less sociable and isolated. Short temper and I need it done now are the outcomes of the dot com unsocial media. Most of the people have become psychologically ill and prisoners within the walls of other people’s lives.
Facebook was set up by governmental agencies as a data mining project to collect as much information on as many people as they could. The purpose of this data mining project that became Facebook was to find out a boatload of things on people. Where are they going? What are they doing? What airline are they using? who do they associate with? And what type of books or movies have they read? Facebook is using manipulation to make use of people’s personal information, destroy relationships, making people short-tempered, selfish, and most importantly provide a spying tool on all of us. Manipulation has become a business and profession nowadays. Whether online or face to face, it continues to be the master trade in a globalized world.